I'm back to writing again for whatever reason. So expect some more pretty poor attempts in the near future. I feel compelled to write. I have no illusions of making significant contributions to the weblog community out there, so it must be selfish reasons driving me. I think one of the main ones is that I feel like life is just flying by me right now. I mean literally I'm afraid if I'm not extra careful every time I blink that I will be 30 when I open my eyes (I'm 26). No, I'm not afraid of 30, I guess no one really is. It's just that sensation of time passing, "like sands through an hour glass," every passing moment lost forever. I feel like my memory is constantly being tainted by the influx of data I'm taking in every day. I figure unless I take really good notes I'm going to have a very slim chance at writing an accurate biography someday (more selfish reasons). I'm just hoping that in writing I'll force myself to take a step back every now and then and consider what exactly it is that is happening to me. Enough philosophical nonsense...at least for now. You can be sure to expect more in the future. That and more wildly clumsy attempts to be forthright and honest.
I'm listening to some streaming music on the web from pandora.com - I think they have a pretty good thing going. I'm the kind of person who is constantly putting my 60GB ipod on shuffle to avoid listening to the same handful of albums over and over until I'm literally sick of them. They are only charging 36 bucks a year for this service that tries to group songs on a strictly musical basis so that you can put in the name of one song and it will play a contiuous stream of music that is similar to it, and eventually playing that song as well somewhere in the mix. If they market this thing right I think they could make a lot of money. I've already found a lot of music I really like which I never would have discovered given my sheltered lifestyle.
I never write about what I intend to. By the time I actually got done creating this blog and signing up for adsense account (more selfishness) I'd forgot most of it. One thing I had intended on writing about was my addiction to reading. I feel myself absolutely driven to read. If I ever have any down-time whatsoever I get really antsy if I don't have a New Yorker handy. I like the magazine because it folds in half nicely to fit in my pants' pockets (at least the ones with large front pockets). Plus it comes out weekly so I get even more than I can handle. And there's fiction and poetry interspersed (i must have misspelled that) with news related articles and then tons of stories that have no real purpose other than that they are just generally fascinating. I like the writing and like the fact that I have a physical copy of it so I can circle words I like and underline people I don't know. I used to think I would actually come back later to look up that stuff but I never do. I still like doing it though. I wish all the reviews of movie, art, concerts, goingson etc. were at the back of the mag though. I'm compelled to read the thing in order (OCD maybe?) and its actually painful for me to skip that stuff. I usually get mired down in there somewhere. I really like reading online though cause you can jump right into the article. I love google reader although I'm sure there are over better RSS aggregators out there. I'm afraid if I go to another one I'll be too tempted by all the interesting feeds I find that I will eventually do some damage to my eyeballs or the internal structure of my brain by force feeding it too much info. Anyway, I'm rambling - and this post is a complete failure as viewed from its original intent. Sure I could come back later and edit this all down to something more readable, but this is just blog.
On a side note I noticed that the Wall Street Journal is letting you view its entire web contents online for free this month. Another publication that I really like. The writing is real concise, abbreviated, to the point without being too unnecessarily flat. I like the way they organize their headlines on their webpage like they do on the physical newspaper. It's a really great use of space. I'm surprised more people don't copy it, maybe they aren't legally allowed to, but I think they should be. Ok - now to really leave and go to bed - Cut to abrupt ending number 2.
I'm listening to some streaming music on the web from pandora.com - I think they have a pretty good thing going. I'm the kind of person who is constantly putting my 60GB ipod on shuffle to avoid listening to the same handful of albums over and over until I'm literally sick of them. They are only charging 36 bucks a year for this service that tries to group songs on a strictly musical basis so that you can put in the name of one song and it will play a contiuous stream of music that is similar to it, and eventually playing that song as well somewhere in the mix. If they market this thing right I think they could make a lot of money. I've already found a lot of music I really like which I never would have discovered given my sheltered lifestyle.
I never write about what I intend to. By the time I actually got done creating this blog and signing up for adsense account (more selfishness) I'd forgot most of it. One thing I had intended on writing about was my addiction to reading. I feel myself absolutely driven to read. If I ever have any down-time whatsoever I get really antsy if I don't have a New Yorker handy. I like the magazine because it folds in half nicely to fit in my pants' pockets (at least the ones with large front pockets). Plus it comes out weekly so I get even more than I can handle. And there's fiction and poetry interspersed (i must have misspelled that) with news related articles and then tons of stories that have no real purpose other than that they are just generally fascinating. I like the writing and like the fact that I have a physical copy of it so I can circle words I like and underline people I don't know. I used to think I would actually come back later to look up that stuff but I never do. I still like doing it though. I wish all the reviews of movie, art, concerts, goingson etc. were at the back of the mag though. I'm compelled to read the thing in order (OCD maybe?) and its actually painful for me to skip that stuff. I usually get mired down in there somewhere. I really like reading online though cause you can jump right into the article. I love google reader although I'm sure there are over better RSS aggregators out there. I'm afraid if I go to another one I'll be too tempted by all the interesting feeds I find that I will eventually do some damage to my eyeballs or the internal structure of my brain by force feeding it too much info. Anyway, I'm rambling - and this post is a complete failure as viewed from its original intent. Sure I could come back later and edit this all down to something more readable, but this is just blog.
On a side note I noticed that the Wall Street Journal is letting you view its entire web contents online for free this month. Another publication that I really like. The writing is real concise, abbreviated, to the point without being too unnecessarily flat. I like the way they organize their headlines on their webpage like they do on the physical newspaper. It's a really great use of space. I'm surprised more people don't copy it, maybe they aren't legally allowed to, but I think they should be. Ok - now to really leave and go to bed - Cut to abrupt ending number 2.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home